Beetroot, Feta & Rocket Salad
- SERVES 4
- 4 Purple Beetroots, Cut in 1/4
- 2 Golden Beetroots, Finely Sliced Whole
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 2 Cups Rocket
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- In a bowl add your white vinegar, half a cup of cold water and your thinly sliced golden beets and put into the fridge to pickle. Leave these in the fridge either overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Preheat your oven to 180. In a baking dish add your purple beets, olive oil, salt and pepper and put into the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and let it cool (you can serve this salad hot but I prefer it cold). Once they have cooled, cut them up into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Assemble all of your ingredients onto a plate and lightly dress with olive oil, a dash of balsamic vinegar and some pepper.