Sweet Potato & Quinoa Patties with Roast Vegies and Tahini Sauce
PATTIES (Makes Approx 12)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Brown Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the sweet potato, boil until cooked but still holding some firmness. Approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Follow the instructions on the back of your quinoa packet to cook. Once cooked let cool
- In a frying pan, add a little oil and cook off your onion and cumin seeds until the onions are translucent and the cumin is popping and fragrant
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes leaving the skin on then add all of the ingredients for the patties and mix thoroughly, adding salt and pepper to taste. (If the mixture is not combining well enough you can add egg to bind but I found I did not need it)
- Pre-roll your patties and set aside. Heat up some oil in a frying pan and fry off your patties until golden, flattening them down once in the pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the tahini sauce together and add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over your patties and enjoy!
This recipe is great in a burger or for the healthier option I chose to just have it with some vegetables and salad which is equally as delicious! I used roast eggplant, pumpkin and fennel along with some lettuce, micro herbs and red onion. So healthy and yummy!