Beef & Black Bean Stirfry
- 1 Cup Dried Black Beans, Soaked Overnight
- 1 Beef Rump Steak, Very Finely Sliced
- 2 Bok Choy, Roughly Chopped
- 4 Spring Onions, Chopped into 2 Inch Lengths
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Diced
- Knuckle of Ginger, Finely Diced
- 2 Cups Beans Sprouts, Rinsed
- 1 Brown Onion, Sliced
- 4 Tbsp.Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Oyster Sauce
- 4 Tbsp.Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 Litre Water
MEAT VELVETING MARINADE
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Heaped Tbsp. Corn Flour
- 4 Tbsp. Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Add the soaked black beans to a saucepan full of water and bring to the boil. Boil for 1 1/2 hours.
- While the beans are cooking, add all of your meat tenderising ingredients into a bowl and whisk together well. Add your meat and coat in the mixture and put it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In a wok, add some oil and fry off your onions, garlic and ginger and add your beans and mix through. Next add your soy, oyster sauce, rice wine and water and let the mixture cook on a high heat until it has reduced and you are left with a nice thick sauce.
- While the sauce is reducing, get your meat out of the fridge and clean it up by wiping off the excess tenderising marinade with some paper towel. Bring a saucepan to the boil and start cooking your meat in batches for 2 minutes at a time and remove and set aside.
- Once you have finished with the meat, add it into the stir-fry with your spring onions and bok choy and cook for a further ten minutes.
- Serve with rice, fresh bean sprouts and coriander! Enjoy