Baked Barramundi with Fennel Butter Sauce
- 4 Barramundi Fillets
- 1 Fennel, Sliced
- 1 Broccoli, Cut into Pieces
- 8 Radicchio Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 Cup fennel Fronds, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 100g Butter, Melted
- 4 Egg Yolks, Whisked
- 1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Seeded Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Drizzle some oil in an oven tray and place your fillets skin side up and pat the skin dry with some paper towel. Season the filets with salt and pepper and place into the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- While your fish is cooking, steam your broccoli and sauté the fennel in a frying pan with oil, salt and pepper.
- For your sauce, set up a small saucepan with some water and bring to the boil then reduce heat to a very low simmer. Place a heatproof bowl over the top and add your egg yolks and begin to add in your melted butter, little by little while you are constantly whisking to combine.
- Continue this until you have added all the melted butter and your sauce has thickened nicely then add your lemon, mustard, fennel tops and salt and pepper.
- Once the fish has finished in the oven you can place it skin side down in a very hot pan for 30 seconds to crisp up the skin or serve as is.
- Plate up the fish and vegies and drizzle the delicious sauce over the top! Enjoy!