Winter Roast Chicken Soup
- 1 Whole Chicken, Roasted
- 2 Carrots, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 Litres Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Once you have roasted your chicken, strip all the meat off the bones and set aside.
- In a big saucepan, add some oil, onion, celery, carrots and garlic and fry off until golden and fragrant.
- Add in your herbs, chicken bones and water and let simmer for 2 hours until all the flavour from the chicken has made a nice tasty stock (you can do this in a pressure cooker to save time if you have one).
- Remove the bones and add in your chicken meat and continue to cook for another half an hour, adding salt and pepper to taste.