Cumin & Paprika Spiced Chickpeas with Kale and Broccoli
- 1 Cup Dried Chickpeas, Soaked Overnight
- 1 Broccoli, Chopped into Peices
- 6 Kale Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add your chickpeas and cook for approximately 45 minutes until softened and tender, but still firm enough to hold their shape nicely. When cooked, drain well.
- Bring some water to the boil and lightly steam the broccoli until almost cooked then remove from the heat ad set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil, your onions and cumin seeds and let the seeds begin to pop in the oil before stirring the onion mix. Then add your paprika and chickpeas and fry off nicely with the onions until they are full of flavour.
- Add your kale and broccoli to the mix and finish off your cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.