Slow Cooked Spiced Beef Brisket
- Beef Brisket
- 1 Litre Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- DRY RUB:
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Power
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Salt Flakes
- Mix all your dry ingredients together for the rub and coat the brisket on all sides. Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan forced. Brown the brisket on both sides on the stovetop then add it to a large baking dish.
- Combine your stock and wine together and pour into the baking dish and put your brisket in the oven for 1 hour uncovered.
- After the first hour of cooking, cover the baking dish with foil and cook for a further 3 hours. Then turn your oven down to 140 degrees and cook for a further 2 hours. 6 Hours in total.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before carving. The brisket should be falling apart at this stage. Yum!!