Vegetarian Wild Rice Pot with Cashews & Pomegranite
- 1 Cup Wild Rice, Washed
- 1 Zucchini, Diced
- 1 Red Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Spring Onions, Sliced Diagonally
- 1 Sweet Potato, Cooked and Roughly Chopped into Chunks
- 1 Pomegranate, Seeded
- 1 Handful Purple Mizuna, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 2 Radishes, Finely Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- Add 4 cups of water to a saucepan and add 1 cup of wild rice. Bring to the boil then reduce and simmer with the lid on until your rice is nicely cooked (about 35-40 minutes- wild rice takes much longer to cook than normal rice, it should split open and be slightly chewy but soft).
- While the rice is cooking, fry off your onions and zucchini until cooked through then add your cashews and cooked sweet potato ( I usually use leftover sweet potato which hasn't been eaten so I don't usually cook it for the dish, if you need to you can cut it up and cook with your rice). Once the rice is cooked, drain any remaining liquid and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the rice is finished mix everything together including your herbs and pomegranate into a hot pot and add season to taste.
This is a great meal to make ahead and reheat in the oven or enjoy straight away- Delicious and easy!