Beetroot & Feta Filo Tarts with Caramelised Balsamic
- 6 Purple Beetroots
- 6 Golden Beetroots
- 2 Cups Cubed Feta Cheese
- 6 Filo Pastry Sheets
- Beetroot Leaves for Garnish
- Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- Place your beetroots into two separate pots of water so that the golden beets can retain their beautiful colour while cooking. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately half an hour depending on the size of the beets. Remove from the heat, drain and chop into chunks.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan forced. Grease your tart ramekins and layer with filo pastry, using 1 sheet of filo for each tart.
- Place your beetroot and feta into your ramekins, leaving some extra aside to top the tart with when it comes out of the oven. Drizzle your tart with caramelised balsamic vinegar and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with the remaining beets, feta and beetroot leaves and add some more caramelised balsamic of course!