Baked Organic Lamb Sausages with Chorizo, Kale, Lentils, Cherry Tomato & Radish
- Organic Lamb Sausages
- 1 Cup Red Split Lentils
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 3 Radishes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Chorizo
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Start by cutting your cherry tomatoes in half and putting them on a baking tray with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme.
- Put in oven on 140 degrees fan forced and cook for 1 hour. In the last half hour of cooking time add the sausages into the baking dish- leave them whole.
- Dice up your onion and garlic and add to frying pan with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook until just translucent and then add your lentils.
- Stir the lentils through and start adding water a little bit at a time and let the lentils soak it up as they cook and continue to add more, cook the lentils for approximately 20 minutes on a low heat- taste lentils as you go to see how the texture is going and you will know when they are cooked.
- Roughly chop up your kale and finely slice radishes and add to the lentil mix in the last few minutes of cooking, saving 1 sliced radish for garnish.
- Remove your tomatoes and sausages from the oven and chop the sausages up and mix through the lentils.
- Dish up into bowels and then place the cherry tomatoes and finely sliced radish on top. Drizzle plate with caramelised balsamic vinegar (optional).