Orange & Almond Cake
- 2 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Flour, Sifted
- 1 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Oranges, Zested & Juiced
- 200g Butter, Room Temp
- 2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Finely Shredded Coconut (optional)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- Cream & Candied Oranges to Serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced.
- Combine your room temperature butter and 1 1/2 cups caster sugar and whisk together until nice and fluffy. Add your eggs one at a time and gradually mix into your butter mixture.
- Slowly begin to add your dry ingredients and your yoghurt little by little until everything is nicely combined ad smooth.
- Finally mix through the orange zest and bake for 1 hour @ 160 degrees fan forced.
- While your cake is cooking combine the remainder of your sugar in a small saucepan with the orange juice and 1 1/2 Cups water. Bring to the boil and reduce down until you have a nice syrup.
- When the cake has finished baking, remove from the oven and with a skewer, poke holes all through the top of your cake. Sprinkle your almonds over the top and pour the syrup over the cake.
- Serve with some whipped cream and candied oranges (optional)