Steamed Pork Dumplings
- SERVES 6 PEOPLE
- 2 Packets Dumpling Wrappers
- 1kg Ground Pork Mince
- 1 large Red Chili, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlics, Minced
- 1 Knob Ginger, Minced
- 1/2 Bunch Coriander, Finely Chopped (including roots)
- 1 Egg
This recipe makes up a lot of dumplings, I used two packets of dumpling wrappers so if you want to a smaller batch just halve the recipe. If you make extra you can freeze the other half for another time.
- Combine all the ingredients and thoroughly mix through to combine.
- Put about a tsp of your pork mix into your dumpling wrappers, wet the edges and seal together. There are so many different ways to do this, so that part is up to you (check out my pictures to see the different ways I have tried).
- Once you have prepared all of your dumplings, set up your steamer and begin to cook the dumplings in batches (takes about 8 minutes to cook). I have also cooked the other half of my dumplings by beginning to fry them off in a pan and then adding a little bit of water, cover with a lid and finish off by steaming. Its great to try out different ways of cooking the dumplings to find out which you prefer.
- Serve up with your choice of dipping sauces and sides. I love to have soy sauce, pickled ginger, chili, coriander and a side of greens (I have used garlic shoots and baby spinach).
If you have any leftover pork from your filling mixture, roll it up into little meatballs and serve with your dumplings! Just another yummy item to add to your share plate.