Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai
- Fresh Rice Noodles (Asian Grocer)
- 2 Handfuls Bean Sprouts
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 12 Prawns
- 4 Tbsp. Tamarind Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Lemons
- Handful Coriander
- 1 Cup Ground Peanuts
- 2 Eggs
- Half Can Bamboo Shoots (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Paste (optional)
- SERVES 5 PEOPLE
There are so many variations of this dish so feel free to do what you like with it, you do not need chicken, prawn and tofu, you can simply use one of these ingredients or not if you like, I just felt like having them all today! You can add or takeaway any of the ingredients to make it what you like and see what combination you enjoy the best.
- Start by pouring some hot water over your rice noodles in a colander to loosen them up if they are a bit stuck together, drain well and set aside.
- Because this is a very quick stir fry dish, do all your prep work first so everything is ready to go into the wok when you need it. Start by thinly slicing your chicken breast so it cooks quickly and set aside in a bowl.
- Then prep your prawns, removing the heads and the shell but leave the tails on and then clean them out and set aside.
- Cut up your tofu into small cubes and roughly chop the spring onions.
- Heat up your wok to a high heat and add some oil. Add your chicken first and quickly move around as it shouldn't take long to cook. Add the spring onions, bamboo shoots, prawns and tofu and toss around. Move your ingredients to the side of the wok and add in your eggs, making a quick scramble and continue mixing through.
- Add your tamarind paste, peanuts, juice of 1 lemon, brown sugar and chili paste and mix through. Toss through your rice noodles and half of your bean sprouts in the last few minutes.
- Plate up and garnish with fresh bean sprouts, coriander, ground peanuts and a wedge of lemon or lime.