Zucchini, Feta & Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
This recipe is often something I make when there is leftover sweet potato from a roast or previous meal that needs to be used up, it is a perfect recipe to use up leftovers and turn them into something delicious. If you do not have any left over sweet potatoes then cook some up previously before starting this recipe (boil or bake).
- Roughly mash up your sweet potatoes in a bowl (I like to keep the skins on for more texture and goodness but that is up to you).
- Grate your zucchini's and squeeze as much moisture out of them before adding them to the sweet potato mix.
- Crumble up your feta cheese and add to the mixture, stirring through to combine.
- Add your eggs, salt and pepper and then begin to add your flour until your mixture has a thick texture and is not runny. Keep in mind you may need more or less flour than I have put down for the recipe depending on hour wet your mixture is so if you need more just keep adding more until your mixture has the right consistency to hold itself together when frying your fritters.
- In a pan add oil and bring to a medium heat, add your mixture in tablespoon size, fry off until golden brown on each side and serve with wedges of lemon.
This recipe is great with dipping sauce and a salad or is great just on its own. I made my fritters for lunch here and served it with a pesto and ricotta sauce and a fresh salad with crumbled feta. This recipe can be put with anything and is great for breakfast, lunch or a nice share plate.