Fresh Egg Noodles with Stir Fried Vegies
- 1 Packet Fresh Egg Noodles (found at Asian grocer)
- 4 Garlic Shoots
- Small Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 Zucchini
- Handful Green beans
- Handful Snow peas
- 2 Spring Onion
- 1 Brown Onion
- Knob of Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tbsp. Kecap Manis
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Bunch Bok Choy
- 4 Small Red Chili's
- Handful Coriander Leaves (garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Handful Bean Sprouts (garnish)
As you can see from the extensive recipe, this stir fry dish is jam packed full of vegetables and goodness. You can of course add some meat or tofu but it honestly doesn't need it, the dish has so much flavour with all these delicious vegies it is just a bowl of goodness on its own!
- Boil some water and blanch your fresh egg noodles for 15-30 seconds and then drain well and set aside for later.
- Prep all your ingredients by cutting everything up so you are ready to put the dish together quickly, separating the ingredients which need longer to cook and the ingredients that will be thrown in in the last few minutes.
- Heat up your wok and start with your onion, broccoli, garlic, ginger and chili and begin frying off in oil. After five minutes then add your carrot, green beans and zucchini and continue stir frying, also adding half a cup of water to the mix allowing your vegies to steam a bit.
- Add the remainder of your vegies to the stir fry and continue cooking for another five minutes, then add your noodles, sesame oil and kechup manis. Mix through thoroughly for the final few minutes on a high heat and it is ready to serve.
- Serve up into bowels and garnish with fresh bean sprouts, coriander and black sesame seeds.