Crispy Skin Salmon with Dill Mayonnaise, Asparagus & Cous Cous
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 6 Asparagus
- Cous Cous
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 bunch of Dill
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Whole Egg Mayonnaise
This dish is very quick to make so I like to start off with the prep because everything comes together very quickly and only takes about 15 minutes to make
- Start off by making the dill mayonnaise to go with the salmon (you can of course make your own mayonnaise but whole egg is my favourite go to mayo to keep it easy). In a bowl add the mayonnaise, juice of half a lemon, a handful of finely chopped dill and salt and pepper to taste
- Finely dice the zucchini and the red onion and fry off in a pan until just cooked and set aside.
- Put oil in a pan on medium to high heat and place you salmon in skin side down for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 5 minutes. Once your salmon is cooked nicely flip back onto skin side for a final 2 minute to make sure your skin is nice and crispy.
- While the salmon is cooking steam your asparagus for 5 minutes and then finish off in a frying pan with a generous knob of butter, the other half of your lemon and salt.
- While steaming your asparagus, bring 1 cup of water to the boil with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil. Once it has reached the boil turn it off and add 1 cup of cous cous to the water, put the lid on and let it sit for 5 minutes(be sure to check the instructions on your cous cous packet because they can differ) . After 5 minutes all the water should have been absorbed and you then add a teaspoon of butter and mix through with a fork to separate the grains. Add your zucchini, red onion and a handful of chopped dill and mix it all through.
- Plate your salmon up on top of your dill mayonnaise with your asparagus and cous cous and enjoy!