Roasted Capsicum & Tomato Soup
- SERVES 4
- 4 Red Capsicum, Halved
- 6 Large Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tsp. Thyme
- 2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Thickened Cream
- 3 Cups Water
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Put your tomatoes and capsicums into a baking dish, add olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes
- While they are cooking in the oven, add some oil, onion and garlic to a frying pan and saute for 5-10 minutes until fragrant and onion is translucent.
- Add the capsicum, tomato and onion mix to a food processor/ blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan on medium heat and add the water and herbs and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in your cream and salt and pepper to taste.