Pan Fried Scallops with Bacon Crumb & Pea Puree
- Scallops, Cleaned
- Frozen Peas
- Brown Onion, Roughly Chopped
- Bacon, Dried and Crumbed
- Salt & Pepper
- I have not added any quantities to the ingredients because it is very simple and can be done without it based on how many people you want to cook for and how many scallops.'
- To make your bacon crumb, preheat the oven to a high heat and add your bacon rashers onto a wire rack in an oven tray so that the fat can drip off the bacon and it can dry out nicely. Cook until dried out and very crunchy and remove.
- Once the bacon has cooled down, blitz in a food processor until it has reached the desired consistency.
- In a pan add in your peas and onion and cook down until the onion is translucent. Add into food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some oil into a frying pan and bring up to a high heat. Add in your scallops and fry until golden on either side, being careful not to overcook.
- Serve up the scallops on the pea puree, sprinkle the bacon crumb over the top and add fresh coriander